Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting service concerns stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a server run by a website hosting vendor. There are different categories of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's take a gaze at these. Thus, you can determine what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to own a web portal, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by some file storage providers, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services are frequently supported by showing adverts next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific stretch of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely twisted interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allocate the load between individual sets of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some companies offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share a great number of pics with friends or acquaintances since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to managing your email box accounts. Some suppliers provide web page hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you wish to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can open mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video brings about a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have difficulty with your site hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will allow you to have as many videos as you desire without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to have a website. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and email box accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Cloudax webbhotell, for example, you can examine web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that enable you to get all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for particular web content exclusively.